4FashionShake IV: Meet the participants | Digitaria + Shaun Samson + Vladimir Karaleev



Only one day left for the 4FashionShake IV by OzonRAW Magazine. One of the biggest events/projects of OzonRAW magazine  that will be held on Wednesday, November 23 at Pallas Theatre. The Project: is to creatively connect fashion with contemporary art, enabling artists and designers from Greece and abroad in order to express new concept and experiment with new means. The 4 talented participants will share the same stage, while tone, intensity, colours and mediums will be transformed as one movement will lead to the next. I had the change to talk with 3 of them, Eleutheria Arapoglou from Digitaria, Shaun Samson and Vladimir KaraleevThey told me few things about their work and all about 4FashionShake IV project 
Digitaria A/W 2011-2012
Tell me few things about your work and DIGITARIA.

DIGITARIA is a designer label creating contemporary clothing for men and women, bringing in together different creative partners, resulting in a dialogue that goes beyond fashion.




Do you have a specific trademark?
 I don’t think there is one; every collection is based on a different concept and is the result of constant research.

You are participating this year to 4FashionShake IV, too. How do you feel about that?
 
 It has always been a pleasure working with Ozon team. It is an event that has high standards, always promoting innovative and creative designers and artists.
I am looking forward to this collaboration again.




What does 4FashionShake mean to you? 

 It’s a platform close to what I do and what DIGITARIA represents, constantly searching for upcoming artists & designers, developing twice a year new concepts  & resulting in  one of the most interesting events held in Athens.




What are you going to show us on Wednesday?

 A part of my Spring Summer 2012 collection for men & women, entitled ‘BINARY OPPOSITIONS’ , curated by visual artist HOPE, with a live performance by singer and composer Etten along with an on stage appearance by Niadoka

 Shaun Samson S/S 2012
Tell me few things about your work.

I'm a menswear designer based in London but born and raised in Southern California.  Both places have definitely influenced my aesthetic.  I graduated with my MA from Central St. Martins in March, and launched my label soon after.  I'd say i'm a crafty person, and I like to explore surface decoration.  I also like pushing the boundaries of streetwear by poking at the common preconceptions of masculinity.  


How do you feel about being a participant at the 4FashionShake 2011-2012?
I'm actually really excited that 4FashionShake is giving me this opportunity to present my Spring/Summer 2012 Collection and video in Greece. I've always wanted to visit Athens, and i'm happy I can bring my collection with me as my date.

What do expect to gain from 4FashionShake?

I'm looking forward to meeting some great and inspirational people I can hopefully work with in the future.  I also hope through 4fs people will better understand what I'm trying to achieve with my label, and see the craftsmanship that is better appreciated in person.


What are you going to show us on Wednesday?
I'll be showing a video I did with FashionEast that was filmed to coincide with the debut of my Spring/Summer 2012 Collection at the MAN show during London Fashion Week. It was produced by Hidden Agency, and features model David Chiang.  I'm also showing select looks from my runway show and some experimental pieces that have never been seen outside my studio.


 Vladimir Karaleev S/S 2012

Tell me few things about your work.
CLOTHING, MADE FROM DRAPING, RAW EDGES, MINIMALISTIC WITH SMALL SCULTURAL DETAILS;

How do you feel about being a participant at the 4FashionShake 2011-2012?ITS AN HONOUR TO BE PART OF IT, I REALLY LIKE THE CONCEPT OF IT, AND THE CURRENT VENUE, THE PALLAS THEATRE IS IMPRESSIVE, I THINK IST GOING TO BE A GREAT SHOW, AND I VERY HAPPY TO BE HERE!

What do expect to gain from 4FashionShake?
I WANT THE PEOPLE TO SEE A FASHION SHOW AS A SPECTACAL, NOT AS THE USUAL CATWALK, BUT SOMETHING MORE THEATRICAL;


What are you going to show us on Wednesday?
I AM SHOWING THE SPRING/SUMMER 2012 COLLECTION, CALLED "RE FORMATION", 20 LOOKS.


Photo Edit by me

Wednesday 23 November
Pallas Theater/Athens

Blog Archive