Brighten Up a Grey Day
This FAB colorful casual print helps bring some light to
a grey East Village day
H&M is proud to announce a spring designer collaboration with the Italian brand Marni. Famed for its original prints and inventive spirit, Marni is one of fashion’s most-loved labels, and its Founder and Creative Director Consuelo Castiglioni has created for H&M a spring collection for both women and men which capture the essence of Marni. Available from March 8, 2012 in around 260 stores worldwide and online, the collection features both clothing and accessories all at H&M’s prices, meaning everyone will have the chance to enter Marni’s world.
“I wanted to create a true Marni wardrobe by revisiting all our favorite pieces in signature fabrics and prints. As always, I love juxtaposing prints and colours, mixing modern tribal with Bauhaus graphic adding sporty utilitarian elements”. Consuelo Castiglioni, Founder and Creative Director.
“We all love the collection here at H&M and we believe that our customers will do the same. Marni has such a modern touch with everything they do, mixing prints and accessories in a playful but chic way. It’s fantastic to see how Consuelo Castiglioni coordinates her designs, matching new combinations of print and colour, with such incredible craftsmanship behind every piece. The collection will arrive in stores at just the perfect time, as a lovely statement for spring“. Margareta van den Bosch, Creative Advisor H&M.
Marni is a label that sticks to its own path, setting its own trends for print, cut and silhouette that are always playful and elegant. Marni has remained a family owned-business as it has grown to become an international luxury brand with stores around the world.
Marni’s collection for H&M has all the freedom and experimentation for which the label is renowned, with all-over prints in strong colours all intended to be worn together in layers that both match and clash. For women, the colours are vivid and the prints are bold, be they African inspired or simpler colour blocks. The silhouettes are all Marni staples, with full pleated skirts, dresses, cropped trousers and jacquard knit, and fabrics range from silk to crisp cotton poplin. To finish the complete look the collection also includes jewellery, shoes, bags and scarves.
For men, the colours and fabrics are softened for a relaxed take on menswear staples that is truly Marni. The use of print is subtle, often as a lining or as a contrast detail for shirts, the silhouette a modern and relaxed take on masculine classics.
The Marni collection is the latest designer collaboration for H&M, which has previously collaborated with brands such as Karl Lagerfeld, Stella McCartney, Comme des Garçons, Jimmy Choo, Lanvin, and most recently Versace.
Labels: Style + Me:
OUTFIT POST: YOU ALMOST FEEL ASHAMED THAT SOMEONE COULD BE THAT IMPORTANT THAT WITHOUT THEM YOU FEEL LIKE NOTHING.
skirt c/o POPCOUTURE coat ZARA sweater H&M
Another outfit post in one of my favorite places in Zagreb, Maksimir. And it is in front of my flat. Could it get any better. It is a perfect and peaceful place. When you are angry, frustrated, sad or nervous. I just take a little walk with the earphones in my ears and immediatelly feel better. What are your special places? About this beautiful maxi skirt, I love it, especially its color. Definitely visit POPCOUTURE, their choice of clothes is never ending.
These days there is nothing really exciting happening in my life due to all the exams I have. Though I still manage to get time to have a drink or two with my friends and ou course to go out. Oooh just couple more days of studying and than I am going on a break. And going back to Split for the winter holidays. Short holidays, sadly. I miss my friends from Split and my family and my sweetest dog ever, Rino. I say he is my younger brother since I love him that much.
Gotta run now.
sweater ZARA ring NY
My little rockstars, here is the rest of the photos from the shooting I had for a croatian lifestyle portal.
Hope you like them.
About this red sweater, I cannot tell you how much I love it. It is so warm and soft. And big too. If you are looking for a perfect winter sweater, buy this one. You will be seeing it a lot on my blog.
Hope you had a super fun weekend, sorry for the short post!
OUTFIT POST: MY HERO CRIED AS WE STOOD OUT THERE IN THE COLD, LIKE THESE AUTUMN LEAVES, I DON'T HAVE NOTHING TO HOLD.
jeans MISS60 shoes ASOS tunic ZARA blazer VINTAGE
I must admit I totally forgot about these photos, I didn't even want to make an outfit post that day but the scenary was amazing so I had to. I miss these days, when you just put on a blazer and you're good to go.
Yesterday I unfortunatelly didn't visit DFWZ since I had to study a lot.
I am sooooo sad I missed The Rodnik Band, last time their show was so much fun and they were all great to party with.
No more writing, I gotta go. I have an exam later on. Wish me luck.
This Thanksgiving there is so much to be grateful for. For starters I got engaged over the holidays, which I am super excited about! I am also grateful for having a loving family, great friends, and for all of the readers of Carmen Vogue. I hope your Thanksgiving is beautiful and safe. Thank you for being a reader of Carmen Vogue, your appreciated more than you'll ever know.
Photos by Ioanna Chatziandreou & Marios Kalamaris
dress MISS SELFRIDGE leather vest VINTAGE booties ZARA watch VINTAGE belt PRIMARK
As I was saying, I have been featured on a very popular croatian lifestyle fashion portal. The name of the article is My closet. I had a lot of fun making these photos, I have more of them, wearing different clothes. But we will save that for some another post. And for my readers who know croatian, here is the link. CLICK CLICK
Yestrday I was also a part of a super fun workshop. The theme was How to dress up for a buisness interview. I must say I've learned a lot! With two other bloggers, I had to put on a look sponsored by Di Caprio. Of course based on the theme that is, buisness look. I must admit that I didn't feel that good not being able to express myself through clothes. In future I definitely don't want to work behind the desk in a uniform. I want my job to be more free and creative of course. But who knows...
If you want to join us at the workshop, click HERE.
Besides bloggers, some people who will talk about this topic are Aco Momčilović, Branka Vučetić Atletić, Lidija Marošević, Saša Matijašević. I know they will a lot to say about this topic.
The workshop will be on from 11-13 h. the adress is Tribine grada zagreba, Kaptol 27.
- Iris Adrian 1935
- Happy Holidays & Best Wishes
- Piper Laurie 1954
- On First Ave Between St Marks and 9th East Village...
- Marni at H&M
- OUTFIT POST: YOU ALMOST FEEL ASHAMED THAT SOMEONE ...
- Tuesday's Temptation: Mirrored Obsessions
- FEATURED ON: LIFESTYLE PORTAL BUDI IN / OUTFIT 2
- STREET STYLE SELECTIONS #7
- OUTFIT POST: MY HERO CRIED AS WE STOOD OUT THERE I...
- Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- 4FashionShake IV by OzonRAW Magazine
- FEATURED ON: LIFESTYLE PORTAL BUDI IN / OUTFIT 1
- NEW IN: SILVER RINGS
- A Closet Story: Natasha Koifman (President, NKPR)
- HUSK Magazine Fall/Winter 2012
- 4FashionShake IV: Meet the participants | Digitari...
- WISHLIST: TOPSHOP BOOTIES
- Monday's Muse: The Statement Bag
- Decor Inspiration: Find A Creative Way to Display ...
- OUTFIT POST: I LOVED YOU IN THE MORNING, OUR KISSE...
- Shoe Mint By Rachel Bilson
- Silent Ventures - Independent Menswear Label
- Leaving Lincoln Center Upper West Side …… Manhatta...
- 4FashionShae IV 'Quartet in four movements' Spring...
- UPCOMING EVENT: DREFT FASHION WEEK ZAGREB
- Fab Find: Espresso Leather Ottoman Set
- Wednesday's Wishlist
- OUTFIT POST: THOUGH NOTHING WILL KEEP US TOGETHER,...
- Tasty Tuesday: Peach Butter
- Fab Find: Boutique 9 Booties
- Decor Inspiration: Keep It Simple
- OUTFIT POST: PHOTOS FROM STILIST MAGAZINE
- IN LOVE WITH: BUDOIR STORE
- Home Inspiration: Urban Home
- Friday's Find: Shoedazzle Lizan Handbag
- - its Video Time ! ENJOY & Share with Friends!
- OUTFIT POST: AUTUMN INSPIRED
- Indian Summer
- IN LOVE WITH: PRIVATE SHOWROOM
- Evening on the Upper East Side …… Manhattan NYC
- Monday's Muse: The Fall Cape
- i went out walking under an atomic sky
- In Front of Balthazar on Spring Street SOHO …… Man...
- Wedding Wednesday: Vintage Wedding
- Decor Inspiration: Get Creative With Storage
- Carmen Vogue's 1st Giveaway Winner!
- On The Plaza Lincoln Center …… Manhattan NYC
- On The Streets in The Village …… Manhattan NYC
- ▼ November (49)
- ► 2010 (65)
- ► 2009 (61)
- ► 2008 (38)
- ► 2007 (44)